Maintaining your website is important to keep your site looking fresh, and functioning well. There are many ways you can maintain your website, from keeping your content up to date, to ensuring your site is functioning properly. In this article, we will discuss some tips on how to maintain your WordPress website.
Why is WordPress maintenance important?
For websites built using WordPress CMS, updates should be performed to ensure the smooth operation of the site. WordPress periodically adds new features to its core CMS system. Plugin developers updating their third-party functionality and theme layout must be updated for core and plugin upgrades. This website should be kept updated mainly due to the protection. Your website may have been hacked by Google and your business may be affected. Maintaining your website is good for the users and Google loves sites working. WordPress is up-to-date with new features that will make websites easier for users.
What is WordPress maintenance?
Maintenance with WordPress is one of your main tasks which helps you improve your website security and make it work like an engineered machine. Maintenance checklists for WordPress mainly contain tasks such as deleting outdated plugins and fixing broken links.
Check out our free guide to website maintenance
10 tips on the best WordPress website maintenance
1. Keep your WordPress site updated – One of the most important things you can do to keep your website maintained is to keep it updated. This means keeping WordPress itself updated, as well as any themes and plugins you might be using. You can update WordPress by going to the dashboard and clicking on Updates. From there, you can update WordPress core, as well as any themes and plugins. It is important to keep WordPress updated for security reasons, as well as to ensure compatibility with themes and plugins.
2. Keep your content fresh – Another important thing to do in order to keep your website maintained is to keep your content fresh. This means adding new articles, blog posts, or pages on a regular basis. This will help to keep people coming back to your site, as well as help with your SEO efforts. One way to keep your content fresh is to schedule it ahead of time using a plugin like WordPress Scheduler.
3. Check for broken links – Another important thing to do when maintaining your website is to check for broken links. Broken links can occur for a number of reasons, such as when a page or post is deleted, or when the URL changes. Checking for broken links on a regular basis will help to ensure that your visitors are not coming across any errors when they visit your site. There are a few plugins you can use to check for broken links, such as Broken Link Checker.
4. Optimize your site – Another important thing you can do to keep your WordPress website maintained is to optimize it for search engines. This means making sure your site is using the proper keywords and phrases, as well as having proper title tags and meta descriptions. You can use a plugin like WordPress SEO by Yoast to help with your WordPress optimization efforts.
5. Backup your website – One final tip for keeping your website maintained is to backup your site regularly. This will help to ensure that you can restore your site if something happens to it, such as if it is hacked or if the server crashes. There are a few plugins you can use to backup your WordPress site, such as WordPress Backup to AWS.
6. Monthly updates – You should also do monthly updates for your website. This includes updating WordPress, as well as any themes and plugins you might be using. Doing monthly updates will help to keep your WordPress site secure, as well as ensure compatibility with themes and plugins.
7. Use a security plugin – One of the best ways to keep your WordPress website maintained is to use a security plugin. This will help to protect your site from hackers, as well as malware and other online threats. Some of the best security plugins for WordPress include Wordfence Security and Sucuri Security.
8. Delete unused themes and plugins – Another way to keep your WordPress website maintained is to delete any unused themes and plugins. These can take up space on your server, as well as leave your site open to security vulnerabilities. To delete a theme or plugin, you can go to the WordPress dashboard and click on Appearance > Themes or Plugins. From there, you can select the themes or plugins you want to delete and click on the Delete button.
9. Optimize your database – Another way to keep your WordPress website maintained is to optimize your database. This will help to speed up your WordPress site, as well as reduce the amount of space it takes up on your server. You can optimize your WordPress database by going to the WordPress dashboard and clicking on Tools > Database. From there, you can select which tables you want to optimize and click on the Optimize button.
10. Use a caching plugin – One final tip for keeping your WordPress website maintained is to use a caching plugin. This will help to speed up your WordPress site by caching static files on your server. This means that your WordPress site will load faster for visitors, as well as use fewer resources from your server. Some of the best caching plugins for WordPress include W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache.
A WordPress maintenance service is critical for your online success
Google appreciates that your site can be updated regularly, error-free or well designed. The new system provides an enhanced user experience for all users. WordPress maintenance ensures a smooth running site fixes bugs, updates system features and protects you against unwanted hackers. Your website needs updating to attract new customers and increase traffic as well. WordPress maintenance resembles the work of restoring an automobile. The service and maintenance of the vehicle are vital as they will keep the fuel running.
Maintaining your website is important to keep it looking fresh and functioning well. There are many ways you can maintain your website, from keeping your content up to date, to ensuring your site is functioning properly. In this article, we have highlighted 10 tips for maintaining your WordPress website. We hope you find these tips helpful in keeping your website maintained.
WordPress websites are incredibly popular, but they also require a lot of maintenance to stay secure and running smoothly.
A hacked or broken WordPress website can cause a lot of damage, including lost revenue, decreased search engine rankings, and even data theft.
T40 Digital is the perfect solution for busy business owners who want to keep their WordPress website running smoothly without having to worry about technical details. We offer comprehensive WordPress maintenance services that include malware removal, plugin updates, security scans, and more.